HR Services prepare a periodic assessment of your employees’ performance (attestation) and / or development of an appropriate personnel appraisal system tailored to the needs of your organization.
Why an attestation is required?
- connects the work of each employee with the results of the business
- serves as a means of regular dialogue between the direct supervisor and his subordinates
- accurate and reliable measure of individual and organizational performance
- serves as a basis for other human resources management systems – talent management, remuneration management, employee engagement and career management
Performance appraisal is an integral part of human resource management. One of the biggest challenges for companies is precisely the ability to create an effective tool to track the development of individual employees, their performance in the work process and the achievement of the goals set and, on the other hand, to plan human resources and the need for selection.
Performance appraisal is not only an assessment of the job, but also of the way the task is performed. Employee performance only determines the value of work for the organization and, hence, what pay should be paid for it.
Modern management practices include a feedback process that helps build better relationships and better communication at all levels of the organization. The modern approach is oriented towards the future and development. It recognizes employees as individuals and focuses on their development.
Staff assessment is a continuous and periodic activity of the organizations and takes place in three main directions:
- Evaluation of the qualification – determines the level of qualification of the employee (knowledge, habits, experience), and then compares with the standard;
- Evaluation of the results of the work – assessment of the quality of the performance of the work performance: execution of the work plan (term, quality), achievement of the set goals;
- Evaluation of personal qualities – the basic qualities of the employee are determined as a personality, and then the psychological portrait obtained is compared to the standard (the set of the professionally important qualities for the respective position).
Personnel evaluation follows a specific basis and frequency. The period in the different organizations varies with the goals. People tend to remember what happened in the last month or in high-risk situations (good or bad). Frequent examinations help eliminate the effects of unconscious and selective memory.
The frequency of evaluation is influenced by 5 main factors:
- How complex is the program?
- How enthusiastic are the program managers?
- How large team is able to coordinate the program?
- How many employees will be evaluated by the manager?
- How appraisers are experienced?
The success of the activity requires time, energy and a lot of determination – it is necessary to test the evaluation through a pilot procedure.
Personnel appraisal should be in line with the organization’s values, with its corporate culture. Management should also want to show that it will use management as a leverage for change.